In any commercial kitchen, cleanliness is not only required for safe food handling and storage, it is also essential for keeping accidents, injuries, and other risks as low as possible. This is especially the case when it comes to the equipment being used in the kitchen.
When too much time passes between cleanings, grease, grime, and other contaminants start building up on and inside most kitchen equipment. This creates an unsafe work environment and one that is much higher at risk of igniting a fire. In fact, more than half of the 7,500 fires that start in eating and drinking establishments every year could have been prevented had the establishments’ equipment been properly cleaned and maintained.
8 Steps to Cleaning Commercial Kitchen Equipment
To ensure your commercial kitchen equipment is thoroughly cleaned, there are certain measures that need to be taken. These steps include:
- Pulling the appliance away from the wall to expose all four sides and provide access to the appliance’s internal components.
- Removing all removable parts and placing them in a cleaning solution bath.
- Protecting all sensitive electrical and mechanical components during the cleaning process.
- Cleaning all exterior and interior surfaces using the appropriate tools and methods to eliminate grease, oil, and grime residue.
- Cleaning the walls, floor, and ceiling around the appliance.
- Cleaning, rinsing, drying, and replacing all removed parts.
- Wiping down the appliance after cleaning and polishing stainless steel surfaces to shine.
- Replacing the appliance back into its original position and turning it back on for use.
Save Time and Money By Having Your Commercial Kitchen Professionally Cleaned
There is a reason why so many commercial kitchens are not as clean as they should be – cleaning everything properly takes time and it is a practice that most kitchen workers just are not trained to do. But consider what you could stand to lose by not taking cleanliness seriously.
Instead of risking the safety of your customers and workers, as well as your entire establishment, get your commercial kitchen equipment cleaned by professionals. SDI has the full experience and knowledge to provide your kitchen appliances with the deep cleaning they need to operate safely and efficiently. Our cleaning method is intensive, and the sensitive parts of your appliance are properly protected to ensure no expensive damage occurs to the appliance. Protect your investment and call us today at 800-794-2345 to schedule a free appliance inspection!